Spiritual Work + Money = a whole lot of confusion for many lightworkers.
Why is that?
As we approach Thanksgiving here in America, it’s the perfect time to address the topic of financial abundance and reframe the blessing of money.
I just read a post by a spiritual teacher who was frowning upon lightworkers who charge $$$ for their services.
I absolutely LOVE this topic.
This particular person questioned why ‘so-called spiritual teachers’ charge money for their work instead of just telling someone how to do it themselves. Implying that getting paid is self-serving and wrong.
Sadly, I’ve met many talented, heart-centered lightworkers who have been influenced by this out-dated, shame-inducing paradigm of money. It ends up keeping them in jobs they are not happy with and depriving future clients who could benefit from their services.
Can you relate to any of this?
Here are a few thoughts on why the DIY approach often falls short:
- The trouble with the DIY approach is that many people have tried it on their own and have failed to achieve the results they desire. In theory, simply following directions makes sense, but in reality it’s not that simple. For example, if a master chef merely hands over his most prized recipe, it’s not likely the average person would get the same delicious results. How much time and energy it would take to duplicate the results of this master chef? Honestly, I wouldn’t know where to begin!
True ease in life comes when we trust and allow others to support us in ways we know are outside our area of genius or even our level of competence!
- Some people don’t even want to do it themselves. Most people know their limitations and are willing to open their wallets to compensate someone for the value that they can deliver. Sure, I could color my own hair… but I’d much rather go to my hairstylist who knows what she is doing! Then I won’t waste my time trying to get it right AND I also support my stylist for doing the work that she feels called to do in this world, which brings her joy and helps her feed her family of 6. There are benefits for paying good $$$ for a specialist who is passionate and adept at her work. I appreciate quality and am willing to pay for the value of someone I can trust.
While it is true we all have the capacity to heal ourselves, many people cannot create amazing, lasting transformation alone.
- When it comes to long-term change, the DIY approach often doesn’t work because those who most need help are less likely to follow through and achieve results UNLESS there is a monetary investment and/or consistent support along the way – whether it be in their physical fitness, emotional health or relationship issues. If there is no ‘skin in the game’, there is a perceived lack of value. A significant investment can incentivize people to stay the course.
From the Lightworker perspective, there are many blessings in receiving money for your services:
- You have more time for self care, which supports you in maintaining a high vibration to be able to serve more effectively.
- You have more $$$ to GIVE to your family, to charities, and to people in need.
- You have more $$$ to invest in your business so you can serve in a more impactful way.
- You can devote your time and energy to sharing your soul gifts because you get to focus solely on bringing them forth.
- You stand as a powerful example of love money and redefine the money paradigm for others who want to step into their life purpose.
If we want to elevate ourselves individually and collectively, it’s time to recognize the expertise and care that energy workers, coaches and spiritual counselors can provide. Spiritually based work is no different than any other profession in which there is a combination of experience, education, talent, wisdom, creativity, skill, and passion.
Many people ask me how I was able to charge for my services.
My response is simple; I know the value of what I provide.
But it is tricky for many… because what lightworkers offer cannot easily be quantified. The shifts they catalyze are often priceless. And in the world we live in, money is the energetic exchange. It is required to pay our mortgages and feed our families. The financial abundance we receive from this work allows us to continue serving in this way.
What about Generosity?
Generosity is a part of being a successful business. You truly must GIVE in order to GIVE more. My fellow colleagues and I know this. That’s why we provide a wide range of free content such as blog posts, webinars, guided meditations, strategy calls, giveaways, etc.
We LOVE to give.
In fact, many of us WOULD do this work for free because we love it so much. However, being in financial lack to simply serve others would ultimately not serve anybody.
Some lightworkers imagine themselves fulfilling their life’s purpose but get stuck when they imagine getting paid for it. It causes guilt or the feeling of not being good enough. Those who still judge the ones who are charging for their services are still caught in the old paradigm of money.
In order to empower other spiritually-based businesses to do the work they are called to do in this world, this type of outdated guilt-inspired criticism must be viewed through the eyes of Truth, so that it does not pressure you into playing small.
It is integrous and brave to make a living doing the work your soul calls you to do. Whether you’re an intuitive channel or a Reiki practitioner.
You are NOT selling air.
You are NOT a dime a dozen.
You are unique and can provide massive value.
Being ON purpose raises your own vibration AND allows you to be able to make a living serving others. The abundance comes as we step into who we are on a soul level and request from the universe what we lovingly deserve.
Wow, I had a lot to say on this topic!!!
Thanks for sticking with me to the end. I hope this message has served you.
To Your Abundance,
P.S If this message would inspire someone you know, please pass it on!