Creating a life complete with peace, freedom and success is absolutely possible!
Do you believe that?
You are powerful.
I’ve been talking to many of you about your visions for the year ahead, and once you allow yourself to expand into the space of what’s possible for you, I feel your excitement as you connect to the passion of your dreams!
It’s a beautiful unfolding that happens when you create space for your dreams to take root. And it’s a privilege to be a part of your process.
On the flip side of your dream are the blocks and reasons you have for not getting there.
A few common blocks I often hear are:
- Feeling the gap between what you want and how to get there
- Feeling stuck in old patterns
- Feeling overwhelmed with fears
- Feeling unworthy
- Feeling guilty for wanting something better
- Feeling unsupported
- Feeling uninspired
Did you notice the one key word here?
Here’s a little story that illustrates the importance of staying connected to your vision:
My 4-year old son loves karate. It’s all he talks about.
In fact, when he grows up, he wants to be a “karate champion.”
Do I believe it’s possible? You bet I do!
When my son started taking real steps toward the very thing he wanted
by taking karate classes, my little guy hit a bit of a snag…
His feeling got the better of him.
He felt scared, inadequate, overwhelmed.
In fact, he repeatedly ran out of the dojo crying,
proceeded to cling tightly to my legs, and begged me to take him home.
Very different from what he had envisioned.
Why is this important to you?
When fear or resistance shows up in your life,
it’s not a good enough reason to give up.
Feeling safe and comfortable is NOT always the answer.
In fact, often times it’s a strong indicator that it’s time to move forward.
My son’s top two excuses (which I do acknowledge as real fears in his world) were that he was too shy and that everyone else was so much bigger than he was.
I share this with you because:
This is the same type of resistance that can show up as you take steps toward your dreams.
There will always be someone bigger, better, smarter, etc. That’s just reality. When you let go of the comparisons, and release yourself to drive in your own lane and just be YOU, that’s when you start to make real progress towards your dreams. You are an expansive being with so many natural talents and abilities.
Have you been giving yourself the opportunity and resources to follow through on your dreams?
If not, here are two action steps to help move you forward:
- Give more attention to your vision, not the resistance. In other words, let your vision be BIGGER than your fears. Often times, that means doing something that may not feel comfortable. It usually requires leaning into your resistance. If no real harm is in sight, then you can reassure yourself that it is safe to proceed.
- Commit to your vision and follow it up with consistent action. In my son’s case, it was simply showing up for his karate class. While it is important to your feelings, commitment is the main ingredient you MUST have in order to make your dreams come true. The only difference between those that are living their dreams and those who are still struggling is commitment. It’s not skill, intelligence, or even talent. Keep this in mind when you hit those difficult moments, and recommit to your vision when you don’t feel like doing what it takes to make your dreams your reality.
Do you stop watering the soil just because you haven’t seen anything sprout through the surface yet? Of course not. You know that if you keep watering each day, eventually you’ll see results.
Isn’t it about time that you got what YOU wanted in Life?
Even with the perceived blocks you may have, you still have the power to make your dreams come true. Don’t let fear get in the way of your results. Keep taking steps toward your dreams. Realizing them is what makes life fun and magical and fulfilling.
You are powerful. Make sure that this week you align your actions with the expansive energy of your dreams!
P.S If this message would inspire someone you know, please pass it on!