Perhaps you can relate…
There’s nothing and no one that triggers me quite like the family I grew up in.
Even though I have a family of my own, there is still that part of me that would love to have authentic connections with my family of origin. However, it takes two, doesn’t it?
In the life history of the Sensitive, there are patterns that develop over time, family dynamics that if we don’t have the tools to free ourselves from can entangle us in a messy web.
Last week, I was feeling super empowered and on-top-of-the-world. But in a brief moment, my heart dropped. I was upset about something that had been said about me by a family member — something that wasn’t true.
Thank goodness I know how to navigate a difficult moment and didn’t get stuck in its heavy aftermath for days or weeks.
Why am I sharing this? Over the years, I created a sequence of actions called The C.R.E.A.T.E. Process which can help you soar above challenging interactions with minimal suffering or time wasted.
The first step in this process is to CENTER Yourself.
Depending on the situation and your own preference, there are many ways that you can Center Yourself and connect to your own energy when you are faced with a difficult interaction.
“In the Moment” Centering Strategies
- Connect to your breath: notice your breath going in and out of your nose
- Breathe in and out of your heart center
- Ground your energy (into the earth, into your feet, into your heart)
- Drop your awareness into your body (belly or heart) by physically placing your hand there
- Tune into one of your 5 senses: What do you hear, see, feel, smell, taste?
- Reset your posture (shoulders down and back, upright spine, stretch). Notice if your shoulders have risen up to your ears, notice if you’re slouching. Notice if you need to relax your shoulders or open out your chest.
- Surround yourself in a cocoon of white light.
- Inhale white light into your crown and exhale negative energy out as black smoke through your tailbone or the bottoms of your feet.
“After the Moment” Centering Strategies
- Make yourself a cup of tea
- Gooutside for a walk
- Call a trusted friend
- Use essential oils
- Take flower essences
- Drink a glass of water
- Take a salt bath
- Light a candle
- Hold onto a
- Burn sage or palo santo
- Listen to calming or uplifting music
The Centering step must be done in a timely manner. In other words, if you are not doing this in the moment, you would be doing this soon afterwards. In doing this, you honor yourself. The purpose of Centering Yourself is for you to connect to your own energy and reset it immediately. Choose one Centering Strategy to have in your back pocket for the next energetic pickle you may encounter.
You can access ALL 6 steps of the C.R.E.A.T.E. Process in audio and written form for a limited time HERE.
P.S If this message would inspire someone you know, please pass it on!